Get into the adrenaline fueled racing action with the ImmersionRC Vortex Race Quad 2.4GHz 4CH Camera RC Mini Drone. This Drone comes to you with a sturdy construction and foldable frame so you can pack it up and take it with you anywhere. With its integrated camera and custom 5.8GHz video transmitter you can feed your video signal to headsets and monitors without interfering with the 2.4GHz transmitter. The 3-Axis Gyro, 3-Axis Accelerometer, and barometer, is pre-programmed with CleanFlight, and is future-proof. This mean that it supports future updates via the USB port on the back of the Drone. The flexible Vortex camera mount supports both the flight cam as was as your own HD camera like the GoPro or Mobius. With all the best features and performance parts, get the ImmersionRC Vortex Race Quad 2.4GHz 4CH Camera RC Mini Drone before this hot deal flies away!
DetailsThis is a MAP Controlled Item.
- 285-sized Foldable Mini-Quad Kit
- Carbon Fiber and Custom Injected Plastic Design
- Tiltable, Vibration-Free Camera Mount
- Integrated Flight Control and Full-Graphic On-screen Display
- Integrated 40-channel NexWaveRF 5.8GHz Video Transmitter
- Flexible Camera Mounting Options
- Tight Interface with EzUHF Receivers
Integrated 5.8GHz Video Tx
- An on-board NexWaveRF 5.8GHz video transmitter, with 40 channel support, ensures compatibility with any 5.8GHz AV Rx on the market. ImmersionRC's exclusive RaceBand allows 8 pilots to fly together, while being 100% legal for US resellers to distribute. All channels fall within the legal US Ham band. The on-board OSD allows video transmitter channels to be chosen using the RC transmitter, no more dip-switches to flip, and no more frequency lists to remember. Full compatibility with all ImmersionRC/FatShark, Boscam, Team Black-Sheep, DJI, and ImmersionRC RaceBand channels.
Flexible Flight Controller
- The integrated flight controller, with 3 axis Gyro, 3 axis Accelerometer, and barometer, is pre-programmed with CleanFlight, and is future-proof, supporting future updates. A direct, high-speed interface to the full-graphic OSD, and a USB port on the back of the quad for programming and updates, complete the package. PIDs are adjusted on-screen, in easy-to-use menus, driven directly from the RC Tx.
Flexible Camera Options
- The flexible Vortex camera mount supports both a flight cam, and an HD camera such as a GoPro, or Mobius. The flight cam is protected from impacts, and is suspended from a vibration-dampened carbon-fibre plate. An adjustable bracket allows the camera to be tilted to ensure a good forward view during high-speed racing. As the icing on the cake, a monster 3A switching regulator allows any HD cam to be powered from the flight pack, allowing unnecessary camera batteries to be left at home.
Pro-Tuner, In The Box
- The Vortex includes an industry-first, tuning parameters from Pro-Racers right in the box. Just select the racer, prop size, HD camera choice, etc. and the Vortex OSD will setup the flight controller for you. Some of the biggest names in FPV Quad Racing have abused countless LiPos tuning the Vortex for peak performance, and have produced some stunning videos in the process.
Lights!, Music!, Action!
- Ok, there is no music, we'll leave that to the post-processing, but there are lights, and plenty of action! A set of 8 24-bit RGB LEDs sit on the tail of the Vortex, sandwiched safely between the upper, and lower frame plates. These LEDs, controlled by a dedicated 32-bit ARM processor (yeah...what were we thinking!), can show something as mundane as the pilot's favorite color, just about anything else we decide to roll into the user-upgradable firmware. Brake lights?, Shift to white for max. acceleration?, Indicators for polite left/right turns?, or just a pattern to remind you of 80's Discos. Since Airgonay's now-famous "Star Wars" video, rear lights on miniquads have become not a 'nice to have', but a 'no fun without 'em'.
Custom 32-bit, 12A ESCs, with OneShot125
- Custom 12A ESCs (16A Peak), with OneShot125, and regenerative braking, for crisp-responsive flight using CleanFlight. A 32-bit ARM processor runs each ESC, ensuring plenty of processing power to drive even the most fussy brushless motors. These ESCs are the first worldwide to use our unique rotorSENSE, which programs prop direction with the flick of a finger. No more swapping motor wires. ESCs so thin, that they fit completely into the arm tubes, protected from the elements, and the occasional passing tree.
Recliners, and Incliners
- As racing quads approach race-speeds, HD cameras have a habit of recording very high definition footage of...the ground. Two optional kits available for the Vortex provide a recliner for the GoPro, or an incliner for the Mobius camera. These kits are shipped with the appropriate rubber dampers, and in the case of the GoPro kit, also a plug-and-play power cable, to allow the GoPro to be powered without an internal battery (and it's unwanted weight).
- An on-board 3 Amp, 5V switching regulator keeps the electronics fed with a clean supply, with enough left over to power a GoPro, Mobius, or any other camera which requires a clean 5V supply.
Full Graphic OSD, with EzOSD pedigree
- An on-board full-graphic OSD provides in-flight updates of critical parameters, and sports a menu which allows all options to be programmed in the field using the RC Tx, and a set of goggles, or an LCD screen. A real-time interface with the flight controller enables artificial horizons, F-18 style displays, and exchange of flight parameters.
Seven! 32-bit ARM processors
- There are not many drones out there with that claim to fame...the Vortex sports no less than seven 32-bit ARM processors, all working together for maximum fun-factor. A dedicated ARM for the flight controller, another for the full-graphic OSD, even another for the LED board at the back of the drone, and then four high performance ARMs for the custom ESCs.
Custom OSD Layouts
- Several OSD layouts are included in the package:
- A classical EzOSD-type layout, with all critical parameters available on-screen.
- A Heads-Up display which would be more at home in a fighter-jet, with artificial horizon and altitude indicator.
- A Race layout, with just the critical parameters, tucked around the edges of the display.
- All OSD layouts include screen-center alerts for critical warnings, such as battery voltage, EzUHF Link Critical, etc.
- ImmersionRC Vortex Race Quad 2.4GHz 4CH Camera RC Mini Drone
- Size: 11.8 Inches x 4.3 Inches (300 X 110mm) - 283mm between diagonal motors
- Flying Weight: 1.1 lbs without battery, or HD camera
- Power Requirements: 3s-4s LiPo (typical)
- ESCs: Full Custom, 12A cont. 16A peak, rotorSENSE, OneShot125
- Flight Camera: FatShark 600TVL CMOS (std), FatShark 700TVL CMOS, and 900TVL CCD optional
- HD Camera: GoPro Hero, Hero 3/4 (Optional power from onboard BEC), Mobius, Runcam
- Receiver Compatibility: CPPM Input, with S-Bus, and Spektrum Satellite converter cables optional
- Flight Time: Highly dependent upon battery, and flying style
- Vehicle: 1300mAh 3S 45~90C, or 1300mAh 4S 45~90C LiPo Battery (Not Included)
The FAA requires drones that weigh more than .55lbs to be registered. You will need to go to here to register your drone.