ICS L85 A2 Airsoft Electric Rifle AEG
- 400 fps (0.2 g BB) / Range 180-220 feet
- Barrel Length: 19.5 inches / 49 cm
- Magazine Capacity: 450 Rounds
- Brand New Gearbox Set with Adjustable Spring Strength
- Full Metal Body and Gearbox
- Extra Magazine & Sling Included
- Battery and Charger sold Separately
- Accuracy Proven
- Airsoft Gun Review & Tech Tip Available - Click More Info
- Made in Taiwan
ICS L85 A2 Airsoft Electric Rifle AEG Manual
Please visit our Airsoft Maintenance page for information and videos.
The ICS L85 is a full steel bodied replica. It boasts an amazing 400 FPS and two 450 round magazines. It is also compatible with any regular M4/M16 magazine. The easy take down pins allow for easy disassembly for cleaning and maintenance. A revolutionary feature of this model is the adjustable spring guide rod, which allows you to adjust the FPS of the gun.
ICS L85 A2 Airsoft Electric Gun Review - Click for more reviews
- INSTANT RELEASE HANDGUARD: By pushing the button on the front side of the handguard, you can instantly release the handguard.
- INSTANT RELEASE UPPER & LOWER RECEIVERS: The dissasembly of The ICS L85A2 is the same as the real steel L85. You can instantly release the upper & lower receivers by pulling out the two NL (Never-Lost) bolts.
- Patented brand new design of the delayed-action trigger electric brake. The new breakthrough electric brake module is an innovative structure. The electric brake will never burn away. The feeling of the trigger is the same as the real L85. When the trigger reached the position, the electric brake module respond, connect & send electricity.
- Power is automatically cut when upper & lower receiver are released. This new design reduces wire stretch and keeps internal components clean & neat. It also reduces the electric current impedance because of fewer wires.
- Brand new gearbox set with adjustable spring strenght. The new spring guide at the end of box let players disassemble and replace spring just by one bolt. The most innovative feature of the spring guide is that there are three holes in three different sequences. Players can adjust the spring strength by fixing the spring guide with three different positions in sequence. It's so easy because you just need to adjust the spring guide with one bolt and you can get three different strengths as you like.
- The external & internal box is reinforced. ICS uses 7mm bearing. It is very difficult to break it. ICS also upgrades the gearbox to M120/395fps. ICS L85 absolutely is your best choice.
- Charging handle fixer: You can fix the charging handle at the rear by pulling back charging handle and turn the bolt catch up. You can adjust hop-up when the charging handle is pulled and fixed. The bolt is released when you pull back the charging handle again.
- HOP-UP Adjustment: The new hop-up has crosshead which makes it easier to adjust with crosshead screwdriver.
- ICS replicate the production process of a real L85. ICS L85 is produced by stamping steel and welding.
The ICS L85 Airsoft Spring Rifle is available for $349.95. The gun ships in ICS's standard packaging with the red felt-like interior, 2 high capacity magazines, a cleaning rod, instructions, and a bottle of .20g BB's. The box also includes a carrying handle which is a nice little touch.
Product Description/First Impressions:
The first thing you notice when removing the gun from the box is the weight. ICS was not playing around with the externals on this gun. The gun has a noticeable heft to it and is completely without any creaks or wobble. The only movement on the gun is the battery sliding around in the grip. The safety and selector both firmly click into place and the carry handle is securely mounted to the gun. The gun ships with a nice metal flash hider, with the required orange tip.
With its stamped steel receiver and high quality synthetic grips combined with its heft, the gun is probably one of the more realistic feeling replicas around. The steel receiver is solid and very authentic looking. The never lost (locking) bolts firmly click into place yet are easily removed without tools.
The ICS L85/L86 series guns feature a completely new gearbox design. The biggest feature most people will be interested in is the adjustable spring guide. The spring guide has 3 settings which allow you to adjust the tension of the spring. The gun ships with the guide on the medium setting, which shoots .20g BB's at 370fps out of the box. Adjusting the spring guide is a pretty easy process, but does require removing the gearbox from the gun. Once it is out, you just remove the pin, push the spring guide to it's desired location and reinsert the pin.
The ICS L85 Airsoft Rifle takes standard M4/M16 style magazines. The gun includes two ICS 450rd high capacity M16 magazines. The mags wind smoothly, lock firmly into place, and drop freely. The included mags fed smoothly as well as Star PMags. Power wise, the gun takes a large battery in the handgrip. Connection is a standard Large Tamiya connector. Contrary to the norm, the ICS L85 uses standard automotive fuses which can be found just about any where. My 9.6v 4800mah Large battery easily fit in and would appear to have room for another cell as well for those who feel the need for more power.
As stated previously, the gun fired smoothly right out of the box. Gun has undergone full chrono testing on all 3 spring settings. On the weakest setting, the gun averages 330fps, on the medium setting it averages 365fps, and on the highest setting it averages 410fps with .20's.
Accuracy wise, the gun is a little lacking. The hop up adjusts very precisely and clicks into place. However the shots vary considerably horizontally. With the included .20g BB's, it struggled to consistently hit the target at 75'. With .25g AE Black BB's, the accuracy improved substantially. The gun was now hitting the target consistently, but still with more horizontal variance than I would like. I'm going to clean out the barrel and hop up to see if that resolves the issue. After being broken in a little bit, it does appear to be stabilizing.
At this time, there is a limited amount of accessories available for L85's. ICS has previously announced their intentions to make two additional models, the L86 A2 and the L85 A2 Carbine. While unconfirmed, it has been hinted that these versions might be available as upgrade kits. This is backed up by the fact that the manual includes instructions for the L86 A2, as well as the fact that the box is clearly designed with the larger L86 in mind.
Internally, the gun is effectively a standard ICS gun. The gun comes standard with a Turbo 3000 high torque motor and an M120 spring. As mentioned previously, one of the unique features of this gun is the adjustable spring guide. This allows you to adjust your guns FPS without replacing the spring or opening the gearbox. However, adjusting the spring guide does require you to remove the gearbox from the gun. While this is by no means a difficult process, it can't be done while on the field.
The gun performed quite well at it's first all day skirmish. The gun was used on the high spring setting and powered by a 9.6v 4800mah Large battery. The was reasonably accurate for a stock gun and the hopup was quite stable. The gun did not have any misfires or other malfunctions during the skirmish.
The ICS L85 is a very solid addition to ICS's lineup and may well be the first L85 on the market that is reliable and performs well right out of the box. The gun has several nice features that really make it stand out, most notably the adjustable spring guide and the use of automotive fuses. The Star PMag's fit VERY nicely, dare I say perfectly into the gun with the magwell being just tight enough to allow only minimal wobble yet loose enough for the mags to drop freely. So far, my biggest complaints are the fact that the trigger is pretty stiff due to the necessary linkage and the sights are a royal pain to adjust. That said, the gun shoots very smoothly, even on the stronger spring setting. Mags lock very securely into place and I have not experienced any feeding issues with the included ICS high capacity magazines or Star Midcaps. I would also highly recommend replacing the Large plugs both for performance and for ease of battery installation. It makes the installation of the hand guard MUCH easier when you have the battery in it.
Click here to see the original review from AirsoftRetreat.com
Realistic L85 A2 Handguard and Grip
Open Top Cap for Access to Battery Compartment
Press Button to Remove Grip
Can Fit Large Airsoft Battery
Rear Locking Bolt - Does not fully come out and will never get lost
Rear L85 Butt Stock Easily Removed
Middle Bolt - Locking bolt, never lose
Middle and Rear bolt removal for complete take down
ICS L85 Gear box and Motor
ICS L85 Lower Receiver
Completely new and revolutionary Hop Up Design
ICS L85 AEG Selector Switch
Patented New Revolutionary Switch Assembly - Never Burns Out
Contact Power Connectors between Top and Bottom Receiver
New 7mm Ball Bearing Gear Box
Rear Spring Guide Rod Bolt can adjust spring tension and FPS
Spring Guide Rod Removed
Adjust Guide Rod with Bolt for +20 / -20 FPS from Stock 395 FPS
New Hop Up Design
This airsoft gun is not to be misrepresented as a real firearm or gun that is manufactured by BAE Systems or Heckler & Koch and is merely an airsoft gun that fires 6mm pellets. The manufacturer of this airsoft gun is ICS.
| Best Industry Return / Warranty Policy |